Thursday, October 8, 2009

CWAC-2

A few weeks ago Dan King and I were out in Julie P's pasture working dogs. I was working Linc, and he'd brought the sheep up. Dan and I were standing there talking with the sheep between Linc, myself, and Dan - like a triangle.

In a conversation with Dan King:

LC: It really drives me bonkers when Linc looks at me when we're working. *looks pointedly AT Dan* It's getting better but he still looks at me.
Dan: Does he?
LC: Yeah, and it drives me batshit. I can't STAND it. I'll be he's looking at me now. Is he looking at me?
Dan: No.
LC: How about now?
Dan. No.
LC: Is he looking at the sheep?
Dan: No.
LC: Is he looking at me?
Dan: No.

short pause...

LC: Is he looking at the sheep?
Dan: No.
LC: Is he looking at me?
Dan: No.
LC: Well what's he looking at then?
Dan: *rolls eyes* I don't know... he's just... looking around. OK, now he's looking at the sky.
LC: *looks at Linc* SEE? I told you!! He's looking at me. I look over there and he's looking at me. It drives me crazy.

long pause...

LC: Is he looking at me?
Dan: No.

What a long-suffering sort Dan is.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

omg this sounds like a comedy sketch, I am cracking up.

Laura Carson said...

This is my life. I'm not entirely sure exactly what that says about me, but I couldn't make this stuff up if I WANTED to. I'm not nearly that inventive. LOL!

Chasing The Dog said...

MOMMMMM! HE KEEPS LOOKING AT ME!!! lolforever.

Kelly said...

OMG I am so gonna have to randomly walk up to Dan at the next trial and say "is he looking at me now?"

Laura Carson said...

Hah, I wonder if Dan remembers this conversation. I found it hysterical but I readily acknowlege that not everyone shares my sense of humor. LOL!

Deb said...

Can I say, this reminds me of a conversation I had with my son's soccer coach back when he was about 5 yrs. old -- "Is he looking at the ball???"

"No."

"Well, what is he looking at?" . . .

"Ummm,the sky????" . . . .

"What about now!!???" . . .

"Actually, he's picking his no--- . . . ."

Well . . . you get the idea. :D

I suspect your pup is a much better sheep dog than my son was soccer player, but I still love him anyway.

Thanks, Laura, for a wonderful post that made my evening and good luck with the training.

Regards,

Deb