Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nick Updates

I thought maybe I'd put some Nick updates in one spot, and I'll try to update this post as I get information. Nick is at the vet this morning. I just called (and I managed to hold myself in check for THREE hours before calling), and he's being worked on right now. I'm a nervous wreck. When I left him, though, he was happily wiggling and sniffing the vet tech. Obviously he's not too concerned.

New update:

The vet called. She said, laughing like a loon, that he was the hardest dog she'd ever tried to manipulate physically. Evidently every time she'd try to move him he'd go all rigid or push against her. Silly boy. lol Anyway, X-Rays showed that his back and discs and knees were excellent. She said his hips were good but there was a tiny question on them, so I may ask her today for a referral to have a second opinion just to make me feel better. Even with that she said she didn't think the hips are his problem at all - and that they're nothing to worry about. Obviously she doesn't know me very well, hunh?

Anyway, she says his abdomen looks good also. Her feeling is that he strained/sprained/pulled a muscle in his lower back. She's suggesting resting a bit longer, and some more anti-inflammatories. I'll be off to pick him up here in just a little while.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts!

Latest getting ready for bed update:

I went in and looked at the X-Rays when I picked him up, and after mulling it over this evening I'm agreeing with Dr. P that I'm not going to worry about his hips. So now we have to worry about getting this muscle thing fixed! He's to rest - not full official crate rest, but no working, and no blazing around either. So we're working on that right now. He's under my feet making chewbacca noises at Linc as I type. Any of you who've ever talked to me on the phone know exactly the noise I'm talking about. Hah!

I'm still not 100% convinced that it wasn't partly an overabundance of poopage. The beast has gone like... four or five times today - once in the vet's flower bed.

And in totally unrelated news, my mother has decorated her house for Christmas. She has all of her lights up outside, including the prelit reindeer flock she has - all six of them. Last year while she was gone my brother made it so several of them were mounting each other. She was not amused. I, on the other hand, almost wet myself laughing. Maturity is grossly overrated.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is he having done?

BCxFour said...

My thoughts are with you this morning - Hang in there!

Darci said...

Pacing, pacing , pacing. Stopping pacing. Now just standing with arms crossed, tap tap tapping foot on floor.....Well? I dont buy that no news is good news stuff, Whatz up with the Noodle? Hope he is alright. Tell him Chris is having a sympathy limp for him. At least thats what she'd like for me to think it is, so she doesnt end up at the vets too, but I fear we may.

Darci said...

Yea!! Clapping hands and doing a happy dance for Laura and Nick!

BCxFour said...

I am so glad things are okay! I was thinking about you guys the whole day at work!

Dancing shepherdess said...

HAAHAHAAAHAAAAAA for your brother doing that. Seriously, funny. Brought a chuckle to my otherwise drole day. Though, I can see that your mom wouldn't be amused!
Still though, HAHAHAHAH!!

Kristi said...

I'm glad Nick's thing isn't too serious. Lou had something similar but more in his groin region. He dislocated a muscle chasing Wick (!!) and after a few weeks of limited activity, he was back to El Magnifico.

Mad props on the reindeer thing. I may have to go out and buy some of those, just so I can put them in bad positions!

Laura Carson said...

You guys crack me up. ;) Thanks for the support- AND the giggle! To say this has been a stressful week would be an understatement. Many thanks to all of you who've offered support, humor, and even constructive advice! I am so grateful for you all.

And... I was thinking it would be funny to have like... a blow up snowman version of the kama sutra. What, NO???

Anonymous said...

I know exactly the Chewbacca noises you're talking about! Glad to hear that Nick is doing (and going) well. :)

~PS