Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Tree

I found my memory card! It was in a truly stooooopid place... way on the back of a filing cabinet under some stuff. Now I KNOW I didn't put it there for safe keeping, so I'm figuring I put it on the shelf next to it and it managed to jump off and under that stuff. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, so here's the pic of the tree.

I tried hard to get pictures with the lights lit, and it worked out not-so-good. You really can't see much, but you CAN see that this beast is freaking tall.

If you look down towards the bottom right of the picture there's a little Santa dude sitting on a cedar chest (the chest was made for me when I was a child). This little guy has a bell on his hat - and Spottie's new favorite thing to do is to run up and bump him so his bell will ring. I suppose it doesn't help that I giggle every time she does it.

The picture doesn't even really come close to doing the tree justice, but you guys can get the general idea. With the cathedral ceilings I felt like I needed a tree with some height to it, but since I don't have a ton of floor space this one doesn't take up much room at all.

Anyway, so here's a picture of just one of the crystal angel ornaments that Judi gave me:


That is all. Now that I'm in the Christmas mood I'm busy harrassing CR about putting up a tree in his foyer. Yeah, as if putting up one Christmas tree wasn't enough trouble. Hah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely tree! am jealous of the cathedral ceiling tho...
-cw

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I hope Spottie has fun with that bell before you put it away...made me giggle.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

That is one very tall and slender tree! :-/
(has it been to weight watchers?! haha)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Very tall! lol I have a "slim" tree, too. I love it, since it gives me so much more leeway about where to put it. My last tree was as wide as it was tall, talk about PITA!

Anyway, good luck with your next tree. ;)

~PS

Laura Carson said...

You guys crack me up.

C - I love the ceilings, but I can't get to them for anything. Luckily it's only the living room and kitchen.

Rachel - she makes me giggle too. Then, I swear, she giggles.

Sam - I dunno about WW but it IS a skinny tree, no?

Paula, thanks! The first tree we had was about 7 or 8' across at the bottom, and each branch had to be put on seperately. Not prelit. Uh.... no thanks. I had to throw that family heirloom (not from my family) OUT. Blech.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Skinny.. yes, but it looks good skinny, if that makes any sense. :-/ I like it.
That is the reason i don't have a big tree here.. they take up so much ground space. If i had a tall one but not very wide it would work much better. They just get in the way when they are too wide at the bottom. Unless you have a huge room to put them in of course, which i don't.

BCxFour said...

Ohhh pretttttyyy!!! I love the taller slimmer trees! Great tree, takes up half the space! I am not looking foward to putting up the tree again this year. I have to take half the furniture out of the front room *sigh*. I got a huge arse tree for our cathedral ceilings too - 'cept ours is almost as wide as it is tall. I am jealous of your elegant slim tree...