Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dear Crazies...


Please, my head is not a safe haven in the middle of the night. When it thunders, when the power goes out, or when the smoke detector decides to start chirping, my head is not the place to hide. When I wake with one of you on top of my head I am not happy.

No matter how pitiful you look, or how you give me the doe eyes, seriously, don't jump on my head. I feel your plight, I really do. There are, however, limitations to my concern.

I know, I love you too. I don't want you to be scared. But for reals, I need my beauty sleep.

While I'm at it I'd also like to send a shout out to the cordless phone. Dear Cordy... 4:23 am is not the time to decide that your batteries are dying. Please, keep your chirping to yourself. What, are you and the smoke detector in cahoots?

You all better straighten up and fly right tonight, or you'll have a visit from the Crazy lady with the orange fire shooting out of her eye sockets. I mean it.

2 comments:

Robin French said...

I hear ya! I finally got to try those remedies Coryelle recommended on Gael last night. Either we didn't have any thunder or they worked because she didn't even wake me up. Probably will get the chance to try them again this evening from the looks of things.

Laura Carson said...

I'll be interested to hear how yours do. I didn't use the remedies last night, but June's reaction was actually less severe than usual. Nick was just reacting to the smoke detector beeping. I could do without 45 lbs of Noodle on my Head. *sigh*