Friday, November 19, 2010

Conversations with a NoodleHead

This past weekend at the Rural Hill SDT:

Me: You are going to go around those horses.
Noodle: No, I am not.
Me: Yes, you are!
Noodle: NO, I am NOT.
Me: OH YES YOU ARE!
Noodle: NO, I AM NOT!!!!!!!

This is followed by a duck inside of the horse to jigger the sheep off sideways, followed by covering… followed by:

Me: LIE DOWN!!! LIE DOWN!!! LIE DOWN!!! (side note: all lie downs are given in Linc-worthy voice of doom)
Noodle aka PunkBoy: *doggie finger*
Me: LIE DOWN YOU LISTEN LIE DOWN LIE DOWN
PunkBoy: la la la la la la la can’t hear you la la la la la
Me: LIE DOWN DO YOU HEAR ME YOU BETTER LIE DOWN
Me: *raises stick* (side note: this is guaranteed to make him actually run away)
PunkBoy: *raises doggie finger* la la la la can't hear you cuz I'm bringing the sheep la la la la

The sheep eventually get to my feet, and he eventually takes his fingers out of his ears.

Me: You better listen to me when I’m talking to you. Do you hear me?
Punkboy: Oh, Hi! I didn’t realize that you were here! Did you see how far I went and how far I had to bring them? And didn’t they arrive in spectacular fashion?

2 comments:

Laura Carson said...

I know, he's so naughty! I was telling Robin yesterday that (and she already knew this anyway) that I had worried as I was training him that I'd run out of dog. He was quite sensitive coming along. As much as I hated to see him do that at a trial it was still slightly nice to see that middle finger a little, if that makes any sense. Yeah, I can say this now that I'm no longer ready to choke him.

He got a "Come to Jesus" meeting yesterday. lol! I think I even made his ears blow backwards. It was interesting, too, that the result was not only a nice clean stop, but crisper, more enthusiastic flanks too!

Sabine Peters - Artwork & Photographie said...

crazy! I love it! Sometimes my dogs do like this! ...and that is, what i really hate so much ;O)But when i read this i can´t stop laughing.
Greatings from germany
Bordershot