Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Musings

First, it suxxors to be at work this morning. For the uninitiated "suxxors" is lEEt speak - internet MMORPG gamers talk (ie World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, Horizons, etc.) for saying something sucks. I roxxors U, pwned, blah blah blah. Anyway, back in a former life I used to spend days at a time playing Ultima Online (and Horizons) and when I think back on all of that wasted time and energy trying to substitute games for real life it makes me shake my head. In some ways the dogs were almost my salvation in that regard. Because of a small black and white bundle of terror I gradually phased out the games, and phased in the dogs - followed by a real life to go with it. It helped put some nails in the coffin of my marriage too - but that has turned out to be a good thing.

So it suxxors to be at work - but having a job today (and in this economy) is a good thing. I won't complain too much. I'm sitting here drinking cup of coffee #1, and thinking about some things.

- I missed saying happy birthday to Linc (I think??) on the 21st of December. So, happy birthday Linc! He's a year old now, and about to go take his first clinic with Jack Knox - next weekend in fact.

- From here on out, Chuck Reloaded (CR) aka Big Strong Man (BSM) will now be referred to as My Sweet Baboo (MSB). We watched "Happy New Year Charlie Brown" the other night, after eating marinated lamb chops (way yum). This was after watching a show (the name escapes me) about how to handle cattle with less stress. Maybe MSB can remind me of the name, but anyway it was very interesting, actually. There were a lot of tips that made great sense, and some that were slightly different than what I would have thought, and then some things I was all like, "well, duh!" or "you people need a dog".

- Go away rain, and take your mud with you. While you're at it please take this recent bout of unhappy doggie tummies with you. I don't know what's going on here, but I'm ready to scream. And Ginger? If I see you licking another swirlie in my carpet I'm going to thump your head off of your shoulders. No, not really. But seriously, knock it off.

It should be a reasonably quiet day here today. I have my knitting with me - I'm still working on the multi-colored scarf Ginger modeled a few days ago (I haven't touched it this week) and a hat to go with it. Tomorrow Julie and I are going (hopefully) yarn shopping so I can make one for her.

On a Nick rehab update front - he's decided, actually, that he's digging this whole stretching on his side thing. It seems to be working out OK, actually, and is much preferable to doing it on his feet. He's still not digging the walks though - he slinks around like I'm trying to beat him. Not much I can do about it though, but if I ignore it he eventually (mostly) straightens up. Weirdo.

No comments: