Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tell Me Thursday 2012 - #7

Crooks and Crazies


Happy Almost-Friday everyone! Van update - looks like there's every possibility that she may be up and running again by Monday. I sure do hope so! It would be nice. I have a lot of stuff to do to help that happen though.

So, on to this week's questions:

1. Jorgen would like to know what skill would you like to have that you don't currently have?
2. If someone were going to play you in a movie, who do you think it would be?
3. Kelsey wants to know what is a quality that you admire in a dog but would never fit with you?
4. If you had just enough money to pay someone to do one chore for you, what would it be?
5. Are you a procrastinator, a doitnower (I made that word up), or something in between?

I'll try to get to answering as time permits today. So far it does not look good.

1. Jorgen would like to know what skill would you like to have that you don't currently have?

I would like to have a "doing the hair on the back of my head" skill. As it is now, when I do my hair I look smokin hot until you get to the back of my head. That's where it all falls apart. The front is all smooth and sleek... and the back looks like a cat's been licking my noggin. I'd also like the fixing my car skill.

Though I bet he meant dog related skill. I would like the whistling with my fingers skill. I've tried and tried - and though I can finally make a whistle it's pretty much just one tone. And it's pathetic and not very loud. Hm.

I'd also like to be able to read sheep better. I'm always amazed when Julie or Robin will refer to certain ewes as friends, and I don't notice it until after they mention it. I'd like to be quicker on the uptake there.

2. If someone were going to play you in a movie, who do you think it would be?

Hah. I made this up and now that I have to answer it I hate it. I'm going to go with Alyson Hannigan - she's played characters that are funny, quirky, occasionally a hair ditzy, but with emotional depth. Plus I think she's flat out adorable. One time... at band camp...



photo from www.wikimedia.org

3. Kelsey wants to know what is a quality that you admire in a dog but would never fit with you?

I really admire dogs that are balls-to-the-wall tough with tons of grit... but I know that *I* am too soft for them. It would make for a head banging relationship that I don't relish. But I always look on in wonder at these types of dogs.

4. If you had just enough money to pay someone to do one chore for you, what would it be?

Car maintenance. Hate. My method of car care is I get in... and I drive. If I could have one thing done for me, it would be car care. Just the worry about the "what ifs" is enough to put a tiny bit of stress in the back of my mind on a daily basis (even when my car is fine).

5. Are you a procrastinator, a doitnower (I made that word up), or something in between?

Most of the time I'm a doitnower. But there are a few things that I procrastinate on (car inspections anyone? See #4). Unfortunately, when I'm finished procrastinating I become a doitnower on the aforementioned procrastinated item. It's not pretty.



13 comments:

Kelly said...

There you are!!

Jaenne' said...

I've been thinking about trying to learn how to finger whistle...but then I think about how much time I can end up helping with the setout pens that it makes me really not want to stick my fingers in my mouth! But I am totally with you on "doing my hair in the back" skill! My hair would definitely look better if I used a straight iron, but it wouldn't be lookin' too hot if I did it!

Laura Carson said...

Jaenne, the where have my fingers been question is a biggie for me. ew. Just squeebs me thinking about it.

As for the hair, my sister is like a flat iron pro. She does the back of her head. I try it and I look ridiculous. I really think there's a genetic component and I was passed over on that one.

Anonymous said...

Have you watched any How I met your mother? Alyson Hannigan is on that too. She's really funny!

Laura Carson said...

Barbara, YES!!! I LOVE that show! I'm actually netflixing it (woot, go me with the made up words today) from start to current. I think I'm on season 4, and I LOVE her in it! There's something both sweet and funny about her that I really like.

Rafe said...

Think you need to get a horse.

I posted instead of Pippin, in case you didn't know who I am.

Woof,
Rafe

Bonnie said...

Glad to hear the van be raised from the dead once again. I don't like car problems/fixing either!

Steffi said...

Hooray that might be getting the CrazyMobile back soon!!!

- Steffi

Doniene said...

Okay, I answered the questions earlier and then forgot to link up leave a comment!! What was I thinking!! This was a fun one!!

Kelsey said...

Hopefully once you get your car back you won't have to worry about it for a while!

Totally with you on the whistling, Jaenne.

Laura Carson said...

That's what I'm hoping y'all - and with everything we're doing on her she should give me quite a few more miles yet! She's been such a good van...

though a horse would be nice...

today I managed to get lost in downtown dropping off my radiator for cleaning. I also managed to almost run a guy down, went the wrong way down a one way street, screached across three lanes of traffic, and scraped the underneath of the bumper going in the driveway.

Sigh.

Mara said...

Glad there is hope for the crazy mobile!!

Mamarazzi said...

cute linky party!