Monday, January 30, 2012

Need Dog Food?



I was asked by the folks over at Mr. Chewy to go do a review of their site. I gave it a whirl (though please note that all opinions are 100% mine).

Mr. Chewy has over 70 brands of the good stuff to choose from, and free shipping over $49! That's a pretty big deal. They had absolutely everything I needed, and I found the prices to be comparable and in some instances quite a bit cheaper than the store I've been buying from. They carry Orijen, TOTW, Diamond Naturals, Acana... a very wide range of products. The website, in my opinion, looks nice and navigates well.

I ordered on Tuesday, and had my food by Thursday.



I was very impressed with their customer service - and I even tried out the chat with a rep feature. The person who helped me was nice and helpful, and I got my answers quickly.

I wound up saving something like $5.00 on this order over my regular place. My work-horse food (the one the most of my dogs eat) was a slight bit more expensive, but the others were so much cheaper that it was worth it. Not only that, but I'll admit that I loved the fact that I didn't have to drive to the store.

I was impressed.

If you're interested in giving it a whirl go to www.mrchewy.com and feel free to use my referral code, LKWI4566, to get 10% off of your order!

13 comments:

Robin French said...

I just ordered some food and treats. They have 15% off if you set up a delivery schedule, so i did that. Looks like it's easy to edit or delete the schedule. I think the price per bag is about that same as where i'd buy it in person, but there's no sales tax and it'll be at my door so that saves gas too. Worth trying them out anyway.

Jaenne' said...

I got the same offer from MrChewy...I'm just waiting for my order to arrive...I'm guessing either today or tomorrow. I loved that I didn't have to pay sales tax! If they start to carry the food that all of the dogs can eat and I decide to go back to mostly kibble, I'll definitely order from these guys...especially since the closest store that carries the good stuff is almost 20 minutes away!

Laura Carson said...

Because I'm a nerd, I even made up a spreadsheet that calculated store cost with tax and gas vs. from Mr. Chewy. Mr. Chewy actually came in higher on the kibbles (but not on the canned food) but once I figured in taxes and gas Mr. Chewy won.

I too loved the no sales tax thing! And yeah, you can get 15% off on your first order with setting up shipping! That's pretty cool. :)

Robin French said...

Max savings on the 15% offer is $15 btw.

Karissa said...

Looks like some good deals there! I will have to remember that site for the future!!

Mara said...

Hmm, I've actually been thinking about placing an order with them...

Guess I should give it a whirl!

Karen said...

I should have ordered yesterday! They carry varieties I feed and since the closest store is 30 minutes the wrong way this will be great!

Laura Carson said...

I'm fortunate to have two good stores within a 3.5 mile radius, but for people not that close this would be a great option. I've tried ordering from petfooddirect and even with a 22% discount usually it's too much more expensive.

Karen said...

I should have ordered yesterday! They carry varieties I feed and since the closest store is 30 minutes the wrong way this will be great!

bonbon said...

Thanks for popping in at my blog! I appreciate your thoughtful comment.

I don't have pets, so I don't know that I will try this product, but I am interested to know- how do you get companies do want you to write up a review? Sounds pretty legit to me!

bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Laura Carson said...

Hi, Bonnie! I probably receive 2-3 requests per week via email asking if I'd review a product, link to a site, or various versions thereof. I always consider carefully, but most of the time I think it wouldn't be of interest to my readers (or me) and turn them down. This one, I thought, was a good idea!

My email is enabled on my profile (and for comments) so they are able to reach me easily.

kevinmaik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Carson said...

Dear kevinmaik: Really? Did you REALLY come to my blog reviewing someone else's dog food site and spam post your own site? Really?

Had you emailed me I would have been happy to have taken a look at your own site, but doing it this way was just... rude.