Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tell Me Thursday - 2012 Edition, #1

Crooks and Crazies





Sorry for the delay folks! I really thought I would be all sorts of rowdy and gitterdone early, but no. Such is life sometimes!

Without further ado, here are this week's questions:

1. What is your favorite new toy? I know you have one, so you might as well go on and fess up.
2. If you're going to be caught under the mistletoe, who would you LEAST like it to be with?
3. New Year's Resolutions - for your dogs - share!
4. New Year's Resolutions - for yourself - share!
5. How did you handle the holiday food situation?

1. What is your favorite new toy? I know you have one, so you might as well go on and fess up.

My Mom got me a bunch of enameled cast iron cookware. I LOVE it. It's similar to the stuff that Pioneer Woman give away. OMG, fabulous. I now have a dutch oven, braising pan (squat little dutch oven, lol) grill pan, roasting pan, and a skillet. Really, really fun stuff. I have been eyeballing this stuff because none of my other cookware can go from cooktop to oven.

It look a little like dis:



Mom also gave me a really cool new DVD/Blueray player, but I can't figure out how to hook it up. Fail.

2. If you're going to be caught under the mistletoe, who would you LEAST like it to be with?

That little twerp from Deuce Bigelow. He creeps me out. Ew. He's a tiny little man, and he's a horny little weirdo. Maybe he's a nice person in real life, but usually he plays creepy little men on TV.

Oh, oh, and definite NO to the little orangutans they had on the news the other night. They will eat your face off.

3. New Year's Resolutions - for your dogs - share!

Get Pia going
Get Linc running Open (uh... yes, this would involve actually making some trials)
Work my dogs more

4. New Year's Resolutions - for yourself - share!

Finish losing weight
MORE COUGAR DANCING. This one's for you, Lora.
Get my own Zumba class going
See my friends more
Change my circumstances (I'll have more dog goals once this happens)

5. How did you handle the holiday food situation?

Handle? Does Free-For-All mean anything to you??? It was a massacre of every good eating habit I've collected this year. It was a bloodbath. A feeding Frenzy.

On the upside I was broke so couldn't really afford to go too overboard. Not that the scale knows that or anything. The scale agrees with me that it was a Food FAIL of epic proportions. But dang, it sure was yummy.

Ok, GO!

9 comments:

Mara said...

Yay - TMT is back :-) Love the cookware - very awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for TMT!

Bonnie at

http://sclmarm.livejournal.com/150706.html

BCxFour said...

Woot! Done!

Unknown said...

I nearly forgot, but then decided to forego Netflix and play TMT instead! As if I don't spend enough time at the computer....

Steffi said...

Love your new toys - pretty! Happy New Year and it's great to see your posts again!

- Steffi

Kelly said...

I was a day late, but I did make it!

Laura Carson said...

Thanks everyone! yeah, the cookware rocks. The only negative, IMO, is that you can't wash it in the dishwasher. However, it seems to clean easily by hand, so it's all good.

It's awfully heavy though!

Unknown said...

Look at the weight as something you can add to your workout routine: lifting iron pots....

Ann said...

Follow me to see what I ate for breakfast on Christmas morning!

http://suntripsamoyeds.blogspot.com

Also, a new look for the blog in the New Year!