Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Onward



2011 wasn't my favorite year. It wasn't the WORST year ever, but it certainly had enough suckiness to put it towards the top of the sucktitude list. I'm hopeful that 2012 will be better. It would really be difficult to NOT be better.

Well, there were some good things about 2011. I survived it. Oh, and Pia. Pia is a good thing. I made some new friends. Took up Zumba. Found some new folks to farm-sit for. Lost some weight. Spent some time with friends, though not nearly as much as I would have liked.

2011 went out in flames of sucktitude (remember the sucktitude list?). I sent Zippy in for a dental and he came home and brought some sort of respiratory crud with him. It raged through my pack like a wildfire. I was supposed to farm-sit over the holidays but let them know what was going on, and they elected not to risk it (and rightfully so).

Zippy seems to be doing very well though. He's eating better, and finally starting to put on some weight. I hope that 2012 will find me working my dogs more, and getting out more (spending more time with friends... I've missed them). I hope 2012 finds my circumstances changing for the better.

Oh, and by the way, I plan to hook you all up with a TMT tomorrow, so stay tuned. I also was thinking I might try for an average of 1 post per week in 2012, aside from the TMT post. For the mathematically challenged, that's 2 posts per week on average. Amazing, right? A girl's gotta have goals. We'll see how that works out. Next week I plan to break out the "blind date" story that I never told last year. I figure enough time has passed that I can trot it out and not feel bad about it.

2 comments:

Doniene said...

Hi girl!! Glad to see you made it through 2011. I know it's been a really tough year, but 2012 will be better!! Great goals - always enjoy visiting. See ya tomorrow!

Laura Carson said...

Hey yourself!!! Yep, it's been a tough year but I know that good things are on the horizon! Yeah, see you tomorrow. I may break out the big guns so come with your thinking cap on. I've been too easy on you guys lately. lol